History & Tradition
Horse racing activities start in 1924 with the building of a horse-racing track with grand stand for the audience. The appearance of harness racing in the 50s gives way to the construction of the first boxes, and a decade after that appears the first jumping arena, a cross country circuit and, of course, more boxes and infra-structures, needed due to the diversification of activities and the increase of public affluence.
In 89, another major step is taken with the opening of the Indoor Arena and its Café-Restaurant. In the 90’s the Horse Riding Centre is already in full gallop, the traditional Poules of Quinta da Marinha are created, Polo marks its presence and the cross country circuit is retraced by the well-Known English expert Richard Mead.